db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Phillip Rhodes" <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject IdGenerator for table 'x' is null Error Help
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:26:16 GMT
I am running torque 3.1.  I get an error when I try to save a object of
type SubGroupSummary.  I have seen this error in the mailing list
archives, it was either
a) they did not set the adapter (e.g. mysql)
or
b) they did not specify the correct idMethod

I believe that I have both a) and b) correct.  But just to make certain,
can someone just check my configuration?  I appreciate it.
I can do selects fine...

torque.database.hra.adapter=mysql
torque.database.default=hra
torque.dsfactory.hra.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.hra.pool.defaultMaxActive=30
torque.dsfactory.hra.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.hra.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.hra.connection.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.hra.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/hra
torque.dsfactory.hra.connection.user=
torque.dsfactory.hra.connection.password=

  <column name="SUB_GROUP_SUMMARY_ID"
  autoIncrement="true" required="true"
  primaryKey="true" type="INTEGER"/>

using commons-dbcp-20030825.184428.jar

org.apache.torque.TorqueException: IdGenerator for table
'SUB_GROUP_SUMMARY' is null