db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Hartwig, Thomas" <t.hart...@crapoud.com>
Subject Re: Question abour updates
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:02:15 GMT
I did not use doUpdate. I'm afraid you think still in a SQL way to much.

Torque helps you to do something with objects. So the most convenient
way would be:

1. Fetch the objects which meet your constraints with a
doSelect(...Criteria...)
2. Modify the objects with the qualified set[Field] methods
3. Do a save on the object

This does seem be a long way, but I think this would be a cleaner way in
the sense of OO, however you are still free to do direct SQL queries
with Torque. ;-)

Greetings
Thomas

PS: One short tip, if you want to do something with the target table
File, then use always FilePeer and not BasePeer.