db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: torque LargeSelect
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:07:49 GMT
Bogdan Vatkov wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have the following problem using LargeSelect:
>
>1) run a LargeSelect to make pages for SomePeer
>2) lead NextResults()
>3) insert a new record (save a new SomePeer)
>4) execute getPage and it gives the
>java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>while calling the populateObjects of the SomePeer
>
>Any suggestions

I haven't tried the exact steps you describe because as a general rule I invoke largeSelect.invalidateResult()
after altering the data that the query would return.

I do have a small list enhancements I would like to find time to code into LargeSelect, this
includes a reference to an email from Gareth Boden back in October 2002 that provides a patch
to alleviate a potential ConcurrentModificationException - the only reason I haven't applied
it (apart from there never being enough hours in the day) is that I have never experienced
any problems myself.  the patch is available from:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=torque-user@db.apache.org&msgNo=1111

I'll add this potential problem to my list, but I can't see myself addressing these items
for a while.  I suggest you use invalidateResult() to cause the query to re-execute.

Sorry - there is not currently a LargeSelect tutorial available.  I have all of the info but
again, finding time to assemble something is next to impossible.  I'll add this to the list
too.

Scott

--
Scott Eade