db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Hassan Abolhassani <Hassan.Abolhass...@razorfish.co.jp>
Subject Re: Logger setting
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 05:40:48 GMT
Hi Siegfried,

I have tried the way you suggested. But still it seems that Torque
ignores log4j.properties.

I have now a log4j.properties in WEB-INF/classes of tomcat. It is set so
that only shows ERROR messages and write them to a file. But again I see
[DEBUG] kind of messages from Torque in Tomcat consule.

I Also tried to initialize log4j by an initializer servlet but the
result is same.

Could you imagine what can be wrong?

Thanks
Hassan Abolhassani

----
Hi Hassan,

I think the Log4J setting in Torque.properties are ignored - I'm using the following log4j.properties
whcih is palaced in WEB-INF/classes.

# create two appenders
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout, file, XML

# configure the stdout appender to go to the console
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

# File Appender
log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.File=/tmp/webui-retailer.log
log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=1000KB
log4j.appender.file.MaxBackupIndex=2
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

#
# Chainsaw
#
log4j.appender.Chainsaw=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.Chainsaw.remoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.Chainsaw.port=9999
log4j.appender.Chainsaw.locationInfo=true

#
# XML Layout
#
log4j.appender.XML=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.XML.file=/tmp/webui-retailer.log.xml
log4j.appender.XML.layout=org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout
log4j.appender.XML.append=false

# Additional settings for supressing unwanted logging
log4j.logger.org.apache.jcs=WARN
org.apache.commons.digester=WARN

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

___

Razorfish Japan, Inc.

アボルハッサニ ハッサン   Hassan Abolhassani  [Technology network]
株式会社 レーザーフィッシュ・ジャパン
Hassan.Abolhassani@razorfish.co.jp
Tel:03-5436-9980 Fax:03-5436-9126