db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Marc Berman <breitm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Torque.Properties question
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 15:13:36 GMT
I've been working with the following Torque.Properties
file:

torque.database.default=xxx
torque.defaults.pool.logInterval = 0
torque.defaults.pool.connectionWaitTimeout = 10
torque.defaults.pool.defaultMaxConnections = 80
torque.defaults.pool.maxExpiryTime = 3600
torque.defaults.connection.driver =
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.defaults.connection.url =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@titleholder:1521:breit
torque.defaults.connection.user = user
torque.defaults.connection.password = passwd

## Using Pool
torque.dsfactory.titleholder.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory

Two questions:

There doesn't seem to be any need for the line:

torque.database.default=xxx.

Whether it is in the file or not, the application
behaves the same. What is this line for?

It seems that I have to have an entry for the
dsfactory that matches the "Database Name" in my
schema file (in my case "titleholder"). Is there
anyway to avoid this coupling and use a default
dsfactory definition?

Thanks,
Marc