db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Rasmussen <jrasmus...@lnxi.com>
Subject How does Torque handle the database disconnecting idle connections???
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:30:41 GMT
I have been using torque for some time and have run into issues when the
system sits idle for a given amount of time (the timeout settings on the
database) torque throws IO errors.

Does torque not check the connections before trying to use them????

Example:

MySQL has a timeout setting for idle connections. It seems like torque
will pool the connections, let them run idle, MySQL will disconnect the
connections, but torque will still think that the connections are valid.
When torque uses the connection we get SQLExceptions : Communication
link failure.

If you try to access it a second time everything works.

Thanks for the input

Jeff Rasmussen