db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bogdan Vatkov" <bvat...@globaltech-bg.com>
Subject Re: torque LargeSelect
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:17:56 GMT
Thanx Scott,

and as i understand i should not use largeSelect.run() at all but use
largeSelect.invalidateResult()  after changes to the corresponding table

Thanx again Scott

Bogdan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Eade" <seade@backstagetech.com.au>
To: "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 14:07
Subject: Re: torque LargeSelect

> Bogdan Vatkov wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I have the following problem using LargeSelect:
> >
> >1) run a LargeSelect to make pages for SomePeer
> >2) lead NextResults()
> >3) insert a new record (save a new SomePeer)
> >4) execute getPage and it gives the
> >java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
> >while calling the populateObjects of the SomePeer
> >
> >Any suggestions
> >

> I haven't tried the exact steps you describe because as a general rule I
invoke largeSelect.invalidateResult() after altering the data that the query
would return.

> I do have a small list enhancements I would like to find time to code into
LargeSelect, this includes a reference to an email from Gareth Boden back in
October 2002 that provides a patch to alleviate a potential
ConcurrentModificationException - the only reason I haven't applied it
(apart from there never being enough hours in the day) is that I have never
experienced any problems myself.  the patch is available from:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=torque-user@db.apache.or
g&msgNo=1111

> I'll add this potential problem to my list, but I can't see myself
addressing these items for a while.  I suggest you use invalidateResult() to
cause the query to re-execute.

> Sorry - there is not currently a LargeSelect tutorial available.  I have
all of the info but again, finding time to assemble something is next to
impossible.  I'll add this to the list too.