db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jim Menard <j...@io.com>
Subject Saving related objects
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:18:00 GMT
I want to make sure I understand a few basic points about using Torque.

When I save an object, it does not save any related objects, correct?
For example,

	BillAccount account = new BillAccount();
	Address address = new Address();
	account.setAddress(address);

	account.save();		// This does NOT save the address, right?

Likewise, with deletes I have to manually delete related objects,
correct? (I have not yet experimented with specifying foreign key
onUpdate and onDelete values.)

Thank you for your help.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm@io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"You will notice that BeOS has taken the best parts from all the major