db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: How to add P6Spy: WAS: Printing SQL
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:08:51 GMT
Hi Vikas,

this is way beyond my knowledge ... :-)

+) Shouldn't the insert be handled on the application level, e.g. it doesn't make any sense
to insert a record in a view but on the application level you know that you are working on
a view

+) If I remember correctly you are working on DB2 on AS400 which seems to be quite troublesome.
What about writing a JUNIT test to test this behaviour for your database/application. This
is the way I go - setup the regression tests, get them running and then turn the regression
test into a load test to hammer the database.

+) If you want to change this properly put the stuff into the XXX.java classes since the are
not overwritten by the next round of generation.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Sonu Vijay [mailto:sonupv@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 10:23 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: How to add P6Spy: WAS: Printing SQL

Siegfried,

Could you pls give me an opinion on something. I need
to know that before making an insert into a table, if
I want to check whether the table or its corresponding
column is readOnly, then what would be the best and
generic way to do that:

1. Do some kind of select on that table and then get
the ResultSetMetaData from the returned resultSet.

or

2.Get the use the DataBaseMetaData for the tables in
that database.

Thanks

Vikas

--- "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goeschl@drei.com>