db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: JDBC2 pool and Oracle
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:04:42 GMT
Hi Ramesh,

I'm using this settings

torque.database.default=webshop
torque.database.webshop.adapter=oracle
torque.dsfactory.webshop.jndi.path=jdbc/H3G_WebShop
torque.dsfactory.webshop.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSourceFactory

I use this settings for an Oracle database with WSAD and BEA WebLogic

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramesh Sabeti [mailto:rs@reazon.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 8:01 PM
To: 'Apache Torque Users List'
Subject: RE: JDBC2 pool and Oracle

Joachim,

Thanks for the pointers.  I'll try to test it soon and will keep you
posted.

Ramesh.

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSou
rc
> eFactory
> torque.dsfactory.default.jndi.path=java:/comp/env/jdbc/mydb_res
>
> I am doing tests now... hoping the best ;-).
>
> btw:
>
> I know Torque from jetspeed1.4b4. There the sample jndi.path is like
this:

> torque.dsfactory.default.jndi.path=jdbc/mydb_res
>
> took me half a day to figure out the missing 'java:/comp/env/'. :-(
>
> Rgds, joachim
>

> Ramesh Sabeti wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes, I found out my validationQuery wasn't meant for Oracle :)  The
> > suggested one by a few sources is
> >
> > ...pool.validationQuery=SELECT sysdate from dual
> >
> > Please let me know if you get anywhere with JNDI.  I'm still trying
> > get JDBC2 pool to work.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ramesh.

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDa
> > ta
> >
> >>SourceFactory
> >>torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
> >>torque.dsfactory.default.pool.testOnBorrow=true
> >>torque.dsfactory.default.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1 FROM DUAL
> >>
> >>torque.database.default.adapter=oracle
> >>torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =
> >>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> >>torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
> >>jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1521:MyDB
> >>torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = xxx
> >>torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = xxx
> >>

> >>rgds. joachim

> > for

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataS