db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Horel <jho...@qualcomm.com>
Subject Read Only Torque Objects
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:37:33 GMT

Is there a way in the Torque Schema to designate a table as "Read Only".
Our apps make pretty extensive use of "Views" to denormalize display only
data. The generation against these views works really well but the setters
obviously throw errors.

Currently we just use naming conventions to  remind developers that an
object is "read only" but someone always messes up and tries to execute a
setter on a view or save a view.

It would be really nice to set a "readOnly" attribute on the table object
that references a view and have the code generate beans/peers with getters
but no setters.

Help anyone ?