db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Kucera" <mkuc...@bbm.ca>
Subject RE: snapshot database view
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:55:29 GMT
If you look at the code for your Torque base objects you can see that
they use Lists to store related objects. These Lists have protected
access so you can access them in your subclasses. In some of my
subclasses I have created methods that just return the List. This way I
have access to the data and I know I'm not going to generate a select.

The reason I do this is because I am using Torque objects in my Velocity
templates. I want to guarantee that a template can't inadvertently
generate a database access.

-----Original Message-----
From: Javier.Olcina@uv.es [mailto:Javier.Olcina@uv.es]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 6:41 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: snapshot database view

   I wonder if it is possible to get a kind of snapshot view of some
tables of the database with Torque.
   I would like to load the content of a table as objects at the
beginning of my application, and access them without generating new
selects to the database.

   Has anybody solved this case? I think it would be a very interesting
feature for a lot of applications.

   Thanks in advance.

Javi