db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jan-Martin Roth <jmr...@mtg.de>
Subject Re: Oracle and Dates... better workingdogs!
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:41:22 GMT
Hi all,

we've had the same problem.

The cause seems to be the 9i JDBC-dirver that has a problem with the
time-component of DATE-values. (Oracle 8i JDBC driver does fine.)

The problem is, that oracle returns DataType 91 (DATE) instead of 93
(Timestamp). Therfore in the workindogs-classes the time of the day is
ignored afterwards.

We have put a work-around in the com.workingdogs classes in torque-utils.jar

I will mail a library workingdogs.jar to your mail-adress.
Try that (and remove the corresponding classes from torque-utils.jar!).

Merry XMas to all!

Jan-Martin Roth

Dipl.Math. Jan-Martin Roth
JMRoth@mtg.de