db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Müller <joac...@wemove.com>
Subject Re: JDBC2 pool and Oracle
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:43:13 GMT

I've got the JNDI working. All you have to do is this:

- configure a Datasource in your tomcat app via the tomcat admin
interface (make sure the jdbc driver is in your common/lib of tomcat).
the name of the datasource could be jdbc/mydb_res
- put this in your torque.properties

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.default.jndi.path=java:/comp/env/jdbc/mydb_res

I am doing tests now... hoping the best ;-).

btw:

I know Torque from jetspeed1.4b4. There the sample jndi.path is like this:

torque.dsfactory.default.jndi.path=jdbc/mydb_res

took me half a day to figure out the missing 'java:/comp/env/'. :-(

Rgds, joachim