db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Müller <joac...@wemove.com>
Subject Re: JDBC2 pool and Oracle
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:48:45 GMT

I also have serious problems with the connection pools. Both the Torque
and the JDBC2 Pool did not work right. (The application can not make
connections to the oracle after a certain time.)

Did you try the JNDI datasource? that's the next step for me. hope it
will resolve the problem.

By the way. I think your validation query is wrong. SELECT 1 does not
work with Oracle. My JDBC2 config looks like this:

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1 FROM DUAL

torque.database.default.adapter=oracle
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1521:MyDB
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = xxx
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = xxx

rgds. joachim

--

joachim müller
joachim@wemove.com . tel +49-69-759003-11