db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Sonu Vijay <son...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to add P6Spy: WAS: Printing SQL
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 21:23:13 GMT
Siegfried,

Could you pls give me an opinion on something. I need
to know that before making an insert into a table, if
I want to check whether the table or its corresponding
column is readOnly, then what would be the best and
generic way to do that:

1. Do some kind of select on that table and then get
the ResultSetMetaData from the returned resultSet.

or

2.Get the use the DataBaseMetaData for the tables in
that database.

Thanks

Vikas

--- "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goeschl@drei.com>