db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Sonu Vijay <son...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Help Plsssssssssssss
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 04:40:04 GMT
Thanks,

I'm so screwed up in this man, hence the subject.

I have manually modified the village code to set
readOnly = false where it was checking for it from the
resultSetMetaData.

Maybe its just the DB2400 thing so I'm giving up on it
for now. If reqd will keep working with this modified
village code.

But it took me hrs and hrs to find out what the
problem was and all the exceptions being thrown don't
give a clue abt what's going on. They were just
telling me the syntax errors. And the point in the
village code where the exception was arising from
doesn't seem to take care of that situation in a very
intelligent way. Well maybe it does now, cause I
couldn't get the latest village code from anywhere.

And I wanted to know the reason why you can't easily
print out the Insert SQL statements. Does that offer
some kind of a security or what's going on ?

Although I wrote my first professional java program
only like 6 months ago but I think being able to see
the actual SQL going to the database is a very useful
method of debugging database applications.

So what's the rationale behind preventing the printing
of Inserts in Torque.

Thanks

http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03411.htm