db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Sonu Vijay <son...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help Plsssssssssssss
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:02:15 GMT
Guys,
I"m about to go mad on this on, so pls give me ur
ideas. As some of you might know since yesterday I've
been trying to make the Torque generated Java Classes
to work with DB2400 and I can do selects and deletes
but can't do Inserts and I'm getting the following
exception every time I try an Insert:

java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0104] Token ) was not
valid. Valid tokens: DAY PATH YEAR LABEL MONTH OPTION
RESULT CONNECTION TRANSACTION.

Now I tried my level best to print the Insert queries
without getting into Torque code but it didn't work. I
also tried the spy programs suggested by some guys in
the list but still got nothing.

Maybe that was too much to handle for an Entry level
programmer.

So I downloaded the Torque code and messed around with
it. Then I downloaded all the village code and tried
to put debugging statements in it.

So here is what I have found. The actual queries are
being executed in the village code and I could get the
Insert query also. In the village code they check if a
column in read only ( resultSetMetaData.isReadOnly() )
and my columns come as readOnly, so that's where the
trouble is.

Now I can't see a damn reason why they are read only.
I can run SQL Inserts from my AS400 operations
navigator with the same USERID/PASSWORD that I'm
supplying to the Torque java classes.

So I would really really appreciate any ideas you
might have abt the situation. If you need any more
information I'll be happy to provide that.

Thanks

Vijay