db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Sonu Vijay <son...@yahoo.com>
Subject Newbie - Torque with DB2/AS400
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:46:22 GMT
Hi,
Am trying to use Torque with DB2/AS400. So far am able
to create tables and generate java classes. But I'm
having some problems with using those java classes to
enter data into the tables.

On DB2/AS400 everything is arranged in libraries and
the conventional concept of a database (like in mysql
etc) doesn't exist. So the create-db target didn't do
anything also. And in the database create and build
URLs I only gave the URL to the library in which I
needed the tables, that's the way it worked.

Now I'm not sure how to configure the
Torque.properties I'm doing this:

Like for mysql and stuff I can write

torque.database.default=bookstore
torque.database.bookstore.adapter=DBDB2App

So what needs to written in place of "bookstore" ?

The library name ??

And also am I using the right adapter ?

And is there any DB2/AS400 specific tutorial available
?

Pls advice

Vijay