db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Otte" <Gerhard.O...@emediapark.de>
Subject AW: Criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn(field) NullPointerEx
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:55:31 GMT
Hello Rolf

I faced the same problem here - NullPOinter Exception when
using addAscendingOrderByColumn().
After putting the line
torque.database.LVS.adapter=mssql
(where LVS is the Name of my database using SQL Server)
into my configuration file the problem didn't come up again.

I think it has to do with database naming. Kind of magic.

Bye
Gerhard Otte
__
mailto:G.Otte@emediapark.de     emediapark GmbH http://www.emediapark.de
Tel:+49 (0)941 630804-2 Fax:-9  Hemauerstr.14,93047 Regensburg,Germany

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mr.x [mailto:mr.x@tele2.ch]
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Dezember 2003 20:49
An: torque-user@db.apache.org
Betreff: Criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn(field) NullPointerEx

Hello all

I'm currently developing my first "torque based" java-app. (Almost)
everything works fine; but if i use addAscendingOrderByColumn() with a
character field or use setLimit() on a Criteria object i get a
NullPointerException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQuery(BasePeer.java:1277)
        at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQueryString(BasePeer.java:984)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1391)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1368)
(Sample=addAscendingOrderByColumn)

I'm using torque 3.1 on winxp with mysql 4.0.15

Is this a torque "feature" or a "config issue" ? Is it possible to sort
and
or limit the result set in another way ? (... groupBy works i know ->
thats
not sorting ;->)

Thanks for help

Regards