db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Garcia" <SGar...@qrs.com>
Subject RE: changing database structure with torque
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:44:18 GMT
I don't think Torque does this.  I looked into Torque for this feature and
couldn't find it.  I'm currently modifying the Torque src to do this for my
project, and I even offered to submit my changes to the Torque project, but
I didn't get a response from the Torque committers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Wieland [mailto:peter.wieland@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 7:15 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: changing database structure with torque

Hi,

It seems to me that I read somewhere that it is possible to update the
structure of an existing database using torque. What I am looking for is a
tool that given a database description automatically scans for differences
with an existing database and updates the database structure without
deleting any data (if this is possible, i.e. if no columns are dropped,
etc.).

Does torque provide some or all of this functionality? Or can someone tell
me where to find such a tool?

Thanks,

Peter