db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bogdan Vatkov" <bvat...@globaltech-bg.com>
Subject Re: sql2xml
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:07:19 GMT
ok that's good ..i have also made the following cycle:

using any database modelling tool that can generate SQL creation script or
direct ODBC intrusion to a DB server
and then to use torque's JDBC reverse functionality to create the XML schema
and after all to
make the torque's gen process (sql/classes)

but ..i am currently using mysql ..and using the procedure above fails my
references accross the tables (since mysql does not support them)

my design tool can generate sql scripts in a lot of formats
(mssql,oracle,postgres,sap db, mysql, etc.)
BUT ..torque;s sql2xml is still not working ..and i cannot use it ...so i
have to install mssql server or oracle or postgresql server
to use the procedure above.

the sollution (for  me) seems to be an XSD generation (using design tool)
and XSLT it to the torque's XML schema format...
may be i will try to find some free time to write down the XSL..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Engelhardt, ITS BetrWi AE2, FD" <D.Engelhardt2@deutschepost.de>
To: "'Apache Torque Users List'" <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 14:40
Subject: AW: sql2xml

Hi
I have spend a lot of time to close this gap. What you need is a casetool
that can generate xml as output as the basic for torque. But i havent found
something appropriate.
But what i found is a plugin for databasemodeling for eclipse that could be
used to reverse engineer a database. So one can edit the xml-schema for
torque, generate the classes and the database and then retrive a visual
databasemodel with clay.
Well shure not the perfect way, but if one could try to contact the people
from azzuri and make them to integrate a xml-output of the databasemodel.

If you find something better, just let me know.

Best wishes
Dieter

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----