db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bogdan Vatkov" <bvat...@globaltech-bg.com>
Subject IDBroker broken ?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:58:34 GMT
Hi all,
I am using torque with mysql 4.0.13 with IDmethod= IDBroker

Usualy it works just fine ..but the following test fails somewhen:

            /*   MASS TEST */
            for (int i=0;i<1000000;i++) {
              User temp = new User();
              temp.setLoginName("user"+String.valueOf(i));
              temp.setPassword(temp.getLoginName());
              temp.save();
            }

I try to mass generate 1,000,000 User objects into db.
but on the 37,416 th iteration mysql jdbc driver says:
Duplicate entry for ..bla bla bla .....the id of the table has duplicated
then again on 6x,xxx th iteration...than on again 9x,xxx ..

I think that in that version of the mysql server thera are transactions available (torque
does not warn me for an absence of transactional support for the db, so i believe my server
has transactions)

I do not want to debug torque's code ..or neither to change it ...could somebody give me a
hint ..what
may be the reason leading to this?

This problem occurs only in this MASS test ...for now ...

Thanks in advance
Bogdan