db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Sabeti" ...@reazon.com>
Subject RE: JDBC2 pool and Oracle
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:18:30 GMT
Hi,

Yes, I found out my validationQuery wasn't meant for Oracle :)  The
suggested one by a few sources is

...pool.validationQuery=SELECT sysdate from dual

Please let me know if you get anywhere with JNDI.  I'm still trying to
get JDBC2 pool to work.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Torque
> and the JDBC2 Pool did not work right. (The application can not make
> connections to the oracle after a certain time.)
>
> Did you try the JNDI datasource? that's the next step for me. hope it
> will resolve the problem.
>
> By the way. I think your validation query is wrong. SELECT 1 does not
> work with Oracle. My JDBC2 config looks like this:

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDa
ta
> SourceFactory
> torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
> torque.dsfactory.default.pool.testOnBorrow=true
> torque.dsfactory.default.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1 FROM DUAL
>
> torque.database.default.adapter=oracle
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
> jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1521:MyDB
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = xxx
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = xxx
>

> rgds. joachim
>

> Ramesh Sabeti wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm trying to get jdbc2 pool work with Oracle and it's not happening
for
> > me...
> >
> > Here's my old settings, and it was working fine during development:

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataS
> > ourceFactory
> > torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
> > torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
> > torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
> >
> > But when it's deployed to production, we get the following error
> > message:
> >
> > ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (50) exceeded
> >

> > Seems like Oracle doesn't expire connections.  Some posting
suggested a
> > problem with Oracle 9.2 JDBC driver.  So I'm trying to use jdbc2
pool
> > and changed the settings to this:

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDa
> > taSourceFactory
> > torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
> > torque.dsfactory.default.pool.testOnBorrow=true
> > torque.dsfactory.default.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
> >
> > Now, nothing works, even Tomcat.  When I deploy the app and restart
> > Tomcat, it first opens 14 connections to Oracle, and then hangs
Tomcat