db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Sabeti" ...@reazon.com>
Subject RE: Oracle, Torque and PreparedStatements - Potential Patch of Peer.vm
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:01:19 GMT
Siegfried,

Out of curiosity, how do you use your patch?

There are two separate issues that need a solution.

1.  doSelect():  This is what you tried to solve in your patch.  An
easier solution is to replace all calls to doSelect with doPSSelect in
Base*Peer.java :)  A patch is not really needed for this case :(

2.  doUpdate():  this method issues a non-parameterized SELECT first,
and that one is buried deep in the API.  I'm still looking for a
solution for that.  Want to give that a try?

Cheers to all the patch-makers,

Ramesh.

;-)
> ... and will have a second one before I do more patches ... :-O
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl

> PEER.VM

>   ## Patch by Siegfried Goeschl
>
>     /**
>      * Do a Prepared Statement select according to the given criteria
>      *
>      * @param criteria
>      * @return Result as Torque generated objects and NOT Village
Records