db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Bergeron" <bergeronchar...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: jndi datasource factory
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:50:56 GMT
Hi,

Try remove the java:comp/env

And you should look at this parameter:
torque.dsfactory.bookstore.jndi.java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory
torque.dsfactory.bookstore.jndi.java.naming.factory.url.pkgs =
org.apache.naming

I think this is a initial context problem.

Look the code that create the datasource form the jndi.

I have no problem running a jndi datasource with torque 3.0.2 and WAS 4

Bye

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Marc Dugger [mailto:marc@socotech.com]
Envoyé : dimanche 16 novembre 2003 20:24
À : torque-user@db.apache.org
Objet : jndi datasource factory

I am trying to integrate JOTM into my webapp for transaction support.  As a
result, I'm modifiying my torque.properties to use the JndiDataSourceFactory
as follows:

torque.database.default=loanauditor
torque.database.loanauditor.adapter=mysql
torque.dsfactory.loanauditor.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSou
rceFactory
torque.dsfactory.loanauditor.jndi.path=java:comp/env/jdbc/loanauditor

However, my calls to Peer classes now fail with:

"2003-11-16 12:44:01,912 [main] ERROR org.apache.torque.util.Transaction -
Connection object was null. This could be due to a misconfiguration of the
DataSourceFactory. Check the logs and Torque.properties to better determine
the cause."

What other configuration have I missed?