db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Amine Bousta" <abou...@lxsolutions.com>
Subject RE: Simple select in Torque gets difficult???
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:39:46 GMT
I'm using queries containing some various clauses and I use concatenation on
SQL statements.
But I think you're right : if my statements had to be much more flexible, as
in your exemple, Criteria would be more suitable.

Unfortunately it suffers from various bugs that made me prefer sql
statements. Morover, as I'm using a lot of sql functions like NOW() or
SUBSTRING()... all of my criterias were CUSTOM like, so I realised that it
would be quicker to write it directly in sql with some concatenations for
values.

So if anybody has to choose between sql statements and criterias I'd say it
depends on the needs.
But anyway (here I talk to Javier), you don't have to absolutely use
Criteria to prove to your collegues that Torque is powerful.

Thank you for your answer Michael
Regards

Amine