db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Branden Root <bran...@portentinteractive.com>
Subject Re: Torque problems with Tomcat and Struts
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:40:54 GMT
Derick,

	If I try using that I get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory. Could this hint
at whats going on?

Branden Root
Senior Developer
Portent Interactive
On Nov 14, 2003, at 12:37 PM, Derick Fernando wrote:

> Hi Again,
>
> Have you tried this factory as well?
> org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
>
> Derick

>>> ta
>>> Sourc
>>> eFactory
>>>
>>> Derick

>>> webapp. When I follow the tutorial to create a standalone test, all
>>> works
>>> well, from OM generation to the actual database work. However, when I
>>> copy
>>> my
>>> classes over to my webapp and try and do the same thing, I get
>>> errors.
>>> created a small servlet to run
>>> Torque.init("/path/to/Torque.properties") and
>>> I watch the tomcat log to see the error. If anyone could let me know
>>> what
>>> I'm
>>> doing wrong I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Torque.properties:
>>>
>>> log4j.rootCategory = DEBUG, default
>>> log4j.appender.default = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
>>> log4j.appender.default.file = ./torque.log
>>> log4j.appender.default.layout = org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout
>>>
>>> torque.database.default= gamehosting
>>> torque.database.gamehosting.driver =
>>> com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
>>> torque.database.gamehosting.url = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://
>>> dbserver:1433;DatabaseName=gamehosting;SelectMethod=cursor
>>>
>>> torque.database.gamehosting.username = username
>>> torque.database.gamehosting.password = password
>>> torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.factory =
>>> org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
>>>
>>> torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
>>> torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
>>> torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
>>> torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.driver =
>>> com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
>>> torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.url =
>>> jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://
>>> dbserver:1433;DatabaseName=gamehosting;SelectMethod=cursor
>>> torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.user = username
>>> torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.password = password
>>> torque.database.gamehosting.adapter = mssql
>>> torque.gamehosting.connection.driver   =
>>> com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
>>>
>>> Here's the error message in catalina.out when i run the servlet that
>>> contains
>>> Torque.init(). Note, the servlet actually runs fine, even though the
>>> log
>>> says
>>> ERROR. Its only when I try and actually do a database operation, like

>>> tion@
>>> 1257687)
>>> [DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -handle: gamehosting DataSourceFactory:
>>> org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
>>> [DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Starting initCPDS
>>> [DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -getConfiguration() =
>>> org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@1257687
>>> [DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -applyConfiguration(null,
>>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS@88d319)
>>> [DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory -
>>> -applyConfiguration(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguratio
>>> n@
>>> db38a
>>> 4,
>>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS@88d319)
>>> [DEBUG] ConvertUtils - -Convert string 'mssql' to class
>>> 'java.lang.String'
>>> [ERROR] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Property: driver value:
>>> com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver is not supported by
>>> DataSource:
>>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS
>>> [DEBUG] ConvertUtils - -Convert string
>>> 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://192.168.1.15:1433;
>>> DatabaseName=gamehosting;Selec
>>> tMethod=cursor'
>>> to class 'java.lang.String'
>>> [DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory -
>>> -setSimpleProperty(org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterC
>>> PD
>>> S@88d
>>> 319,
>>> url,
>>> jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://192.168.1.15:1433;
>>> DatabaseName=gamehosting;
>>> Select
>>> Method=cursor)
>>>
>>> And when i actually try and do a database operation i get:
>>>

>>> java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>>>         at
>>> java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:532)
>>>         at
>>> java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS.getPooledConnec
>>> ti
>>> on(Dr