db-torque-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Bachrynowski <mi...@tableaugroup.com>
Subject RE: Problem running build-torque.xml in WSAD (possible bug)
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:55:39 GMT
I had a similar problem running under Eclipse 2.1.1 and Torque 3.1.

I added to the Torque "build.properties" the following:

workspace = /progs/eclipse/workspace
torque.project = jobtrack1
schemaDirectory = schema
torque.schema.dir = ${workspace}/${torque.project}/${schemaDirectory}

The directory structure under the "jobtrack1" project includes: class, dtd,
lib, schema, src and templates.

I had to set the project properties so that the Java source was found in
"jobtrack1/src/java" and compiled to "jobtrack1/class". 

I did try using the "correct" workspace location variable but had the same
problems you experienced.


Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Tuncay Baskan (Yaz.Muh.-Proje Gel.ve Uyg.Gr.)
[mailto:tuncay.baskan@intertech.com.tr] 
Sent: 20 November 2003 21:17
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Problem running build-torque.xml in WSAD (possible bug)


Hello,

I was trying to run build-torque.xml Ant script in IBM's WebSphere Studio
Application Developer (WSAD) version 5.1. I imported everything under
torque-gen-3.1/ directory as a resource project to the WSAD. 

At first I tried to run "jdbc" task. Build process worked until it tried to
write schema.xml to schema/ directory, giving FileNotFoundFound exception.
Altough I set "Base Directory" properly I found out torque.home property in
default.properties file must be set to full path instead of a ".".

Later I tried to run "om" task. Build process didn't work at all, quitting
with message: [torque-data-model] PANIC : Error configuring AvalonLogSystem
: java.lang.NullPointerException [torque-data-model] BUILD FAILED:
file:C:/Projects/WSADProjects/torque-gen/build-torque.xml:521:
Generation failed. For more information consult the velocity log, or invoke
ant with the -debug flag.

After trying -debug (and -verbose) I got nothing. I didn't know how I could
print stack trace of an ant task exception. So, I downloaded the source of
torque to investigate the problem. After figuring the problem is related
with the velocity not the torque downloaded the source of it too. After
realizing the problem is not related to velocity and related to
avalon-logkit I went crazy and downloaded the source of it too. Anyway, this
is my short craziness story.

The source of the problem is org.apache.log.ContextMap.getCurrentContext. I
don't know the exact reason. I changed the
org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.AvalonLogSystem.logVelocityMessage
method so it doesn't send messages to logger. It now just sysouts the
messages and torque runs smoothly in WSAD. Altough it runs correctly now I
didn't satisfied with the solution. Since I'm only a member of torque
mailing list I'm sending this message to here. Where should I file a bug
report?

Btw, someone else had the same problem:
http://www.mail-archive.com/torque-user@db.apache.org/msg01180.html

Regards.
/tb.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: torque-user-help@db.apache.org
This message is confidential and for the intended recipient only. If you are
not the addressee indicated in the message (or responsible for the delivery
of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
anyone. If you have received this email in error please notify the Tableau
originator. We scan for viruses but take no responsibility for the presence
of any viruses in this e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this message that do not relate to the official business of Tableau shall
be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: torque-user-help@db.apache.org


Mime
View raw message