db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Cloves Carneiro Jr." <CCarne...@EXTEND.COM>
Subject RE: newbie's questions regarding tutorials
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:49:44 GMT
Hi Vikas

I assume the recommended distribution of Torque is the 3.1 release. I've downloaded both torque-3.1.zip
and torque-gen-3.1.zip. The tutorial you mentioned seems to be a bit outdated. Extract torque-gen-3.1.zip
to a folder, edit build.properties to point to your database and create the db schema definition
XML in the schema folder. Run 'ant -f build-torque.xml' and your classes will be generated.
Then, extract torque-3.1.zip, and use the JARs on the /lib folder to run an example using
the classes you generated.

Cloves

-----Original Message-----
From: Vikas Phonsa [mailto:VPhonsa@suz.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 2:32 PM
To: 'torque-user@db.apache.org'
Subject: newbie's questions regarding tutorials

Hi Everybody,

This is my first hr into torque and I was trying to go thru the tutorials on
the website. I would appreciate a little guidance regarding the following:

1. At http://db.apache.org/torque/tutorial/step1.html they tell you to get a
distribution of torque. I need to know which version of torque is
recommended.

2. On the same page they say " After you have obtained your copy of the
Torque, you can either unpack the jar-----". I downloaded the torque-3.1.zip
and its lib directory it does have torque jar but no source in it. So do I
have to download the zip with the source and build it in my IDE and proceed
or what ? unjarring to get class files doesn't make much sense. So what do
those instructions imply when they say that unjar and obtain a specified
directory structure.

Maybe I'm asking some stupid question but I'm kinda confused how to proceed.

Please guide

Thanks

Vikas