db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject RE: Can't generate Java Source---- I got it
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:03:30 GMT
Thanks guys for your help. I didn't change the name of the schema file
To pitchers-schema.xml.

Gave it the right name and it runs perfect.

Thanks again

Vikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Newton [mailto:dave@solaraccess.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 9:56 AM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Cc: VPhonsa@suz.com
Subject: RE: Can't generate Java Source

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 12:30, Vikas Phonsa wrote:
> All the tutorials and articles that I found abt torque say that there
> Should be some java class code generated after the above step in the
> Src\java directory under the the torque installation dir.
>
> So I can't figure out what to do. I'm enclosing my database schema also if
> that can help in finding out the problem.
>
> I can generated the sql stuff and also use that to generate my database
and
> tables but no java source code is generated.
>
> Here is the schema and I'm using mysql database

I'm using torque-gen-3.1 and your exact schema and have no issues
generating the java source code.

What does your build.properties file look like? Have you run ant -debug
and seen if that shows you any more useful information?

Here's the exact steps I took:

1) Downloaded torque-gen-3.1.tar.gz jar file
2) Untarred to torque-gen-3.1 directory ($TORQUEDIR)
3) Set my classpath to include mysql-connector (3.0.6)
4) Created $TORQUEDIR/schema/pitchers-schema.xml (your schema)
5) Edited build.properties to reflect my setup
6) Run ant -f build-torque.xml

Took about 4 minutes from start to finish.

Now in $TORQUEDIR/src I have java and sql trees with the appropriate
source files in each.

Dave