db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject newbie's questions regarding tutorials
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:31:44 GMT
Hi Everybody,

This is my first hr into torque and I was trying to go thru the tutorials on
the website. I would appreciate a little guidance regarding the following:

1. At http://db.apache.org/torque/tutorial/step1.html they tell you to get a
distribution of torque. I need to know which version of torque is

2. On the same page they say " After you have obtained your copy of the
Torque, you can either unpack the jar-----". I downloaded the torque-3.1.zip
and its lib directory it does have torque jar but no source in it. So do I
have to download the zip with the source and build it in my IDE and proceed
or what ? unjarring to get class files doesn't make much sense. So what do
those instructions imply when they say that unjar and obtain a specified
directory structure.

Maybe I'm asking some stupid question but I'm kinda confused how to proceed.

Please guide