db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Sven Haiges ...@flavor.de>
Subject How to migrate to a new db structure.
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:54:36 GMT
Hi there.

I have Torque 1.1 running and everything works great now. Dev got a lot
easier.

My only trouble is: what happens if I have to change the structure, because
my client wants some additional data to be saved in the DB? Once, I tried
to copy my local version of both the WebApp (class files)  + exact Copy of
the DB to the server, but then torque refused to create new objects -
everything else: delete and read worked great.

This seemed to have something to do with the id_table, but: I don't
understand why it does not work, because I got the exact copy of teh
id_table locally and remotely.

---

What happens if i create my OM class files again with torque generator? is
there somewhere a unique key added, that then differentiates each version
of the generated files?

---

thanx,
sven