db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Rich & Jen <rjalbe...@earthlink.net>
Subject log4j and Torque-gen tasks
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:24:33 GMT
Hi all,

I RTFMed http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues
but found no help from my searches.

I'm using Torque-gen 3.1 on Linux with Java J2SE v1.4.
I have created my own build.xml Ant file and a build.properties
in the same directory.

A particular ant target:

<target name="gendbobjs" depends="init">
      <ant
           antfile = "/opt/java/torque-gen-3.1/build-torque.xml"
           target  = "main" />
</target>

When I run this, among other things, the following shows up on the
console:

sql-template:
      [echo] loading templates from /opt/java/torque-gen-3.1/templates
[torque-sql] Using contextProperties file:
/home/rich/9ware/cbe/build.properties
[torque-sql] Generating to file
/home/rich/9ware/cbe/db/sql/report.cbe.sql.generation
[torque-sql] [INFO] XmlToAppData - -Parsing file: 'cbe-schema.xml'
[torque-sql] [DEBUG] XmlToAppData - -endElement(, , column) called
[torque-sql] [DEBUG] XmlToAppData - -endElement(, , column) called
[torque-sql] [DEBUG] XmlToAppData - -endElement(, , column) called
[torque-sql] [DEBUG] XmlToAppData - -endElement(, , column) called

a *lot* of [DEBUG] stmts follow.  I tracked this down to the individual
Java class in Torque-gen doing this:
org.apache.torque.engine.database.transform.XmlToAppData

It is doing generic log4j Logger calls.  Specifically,
it contains the following "init" line:
private static Log log = LogFactory.getLog(XmlToAppData.class);

...and contains no other Log4j calls that may override something in a
properties config file.

My Question:

I cannot get the [debug] statements to go away, regardless
of what file I edit, or what log4j entry I use, such as

log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, console

or

log4j.logger.org.apache.torque.engine.database.transform.XmlToAppData=ERROR

in my build.properties file.

Help!
  - Rich Alberth