db-torque-user mailing list archives

From CP Lim <cp_...@redsheriff.com>
Subject Re: autogenerate ID
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:20:26 GMT
Hi Silviu,

What you can do is include the <id-method-parameter/> attribute to your
table definition.  I'm using postgresql and it seems to work fine.  The
following is an example:

--------------------------
<database name="test" defaultIdMethod="native"
defaultJavaNamingMethod="javaname" package="test">
         <column name="id" type="INTEGER" required="true"
primaryKey="true"/>
         <column name="name" type="VARCHAR" size="100"/>

         <id-method-parameter value="cpl_test_id_seq"/>
</database>
--------------------------

This worked properly for me, and the SQL generated includes creating the
sequence called 'cpl_test_id_seq' which is used to default the id column.

HTH,
CP

--
R E D S H E R I F F
C.P. Lim - Senior Software Engineer

96-98 Market St    +61 (3) 9606 4036 tel
South Melbourne    +61 (3) 9606 4001 fax
Victoria  3205     +61 (413) 781 846 cell

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify us
immediately by return email or telephone +61 (2) 8204 5888, then delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and many not necessarily reflect the views of Red
Sheriff.