db-torque-user mailing list archives

From CP Lim <cp_...@redsheriff.com>
Subject Re: How to start projects with Torque
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:37:48 GMT
Hi Vikas,

In your XML file, make sure you've got the root <database> element.  If
you need a separate Database you'll just include a name there, eg.
<database name="xyz"> and you'll use 'xyz' as the configuration in your
Torque.properties file.  That means if you want separate databases, then
use different XML files with different names.  However, if you want
separate XML files and they all access the same database, then make sure
they all have the same name in the <database> element.

HTH,
CP

Vikas Phonsa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I went thru the torque tutorials and made a database.
>
> Now I would like to know how to start or manage such database project with
> Torque.
>
> In the schema folder under the torque installation dir I had my database
> schema for the first database. How do I create a second database.
>
> Is every different database or database project supposed to be started with
> its separate torque directory structure.
>
> I mean I want to create multiple databases and generate java classes for
> them. So how would that be managed.
>
> And I'm using Torque 3.0
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> Vikas

R E D S H E R I F F
C.P. Lim - Software Engineer
[cp_lim@redsheriff.com]

96-98 Market St    +61 (3) 9606 4036 tel
South Melbourne    +61 (3) 9606 4001 fax
Victoria  3205     +61 (413) 781 846 cell

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify us
immediately by return email or telephone +61 (2) 8204 5888, then delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and many not necessarily reflect the views of Red
Sheriff.