db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Felipe Ramos" <fra...@tissat.es>
Subject Re: Select count(*)
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:54:39 GMT

I agree with you in the fact that  doSelect, and list.size() is  a waste
of server resources, and that is the reason to look for a Criteria to
make the query: select count(*) from customer where customerName='James'
  , but, what Criteria?

Yes, the bottton of my last  message was a mistake. :-)

Josh Holtzman wrote:

> One way is to select the objects you want using Criteria and
> CustomerPeer.doSelect, which returns a list of Customers matching your
> criteria (customerId=1).  Once you have the list, list.size() returns
> the number of Customers returned, which is what you want.  But if you
> didn't want the list of Customer objects at all, than instantiating
> all of these objects is a waste of server resources.
>
> Also -- is your message a reply to the message regarding the \*comment
> query (bottom of this message)?  I don't see the connection.
>
> Josh
>
> Felipe Ramos wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>      How can I make a "Select count(*) from Customer where
>> customerId='1' "  query using Torque 3.1 ?
>>
>>    ( I know that one possibility is use the Criteria.CUSTOM but..... )
>>
>> Toru Suzuki wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I used Torque3.0 and oracle
>>>
>>> I'm trying to do
>>>
>>> String note = "\*comment";
>>> Criteria cri = new Criteria();
>>> cri.add(PERSON.NOTE, (Object)(note + "%"), Criteria.LIKE);
>>>
>>> SQL log is
>>> SELECT PERSON.NAME, PERSON.NOTE FROM PERSON
>>> WHERE PERSON.NOTE LIKE '\comment%'
>>>
>>> I expected WHERE PERSON.NOTE LIKE '*comment%'
>>>
>>> SqlExpression.buildLike(String columnName,String criteria,SqlEnum
>>> comparison,boolean ignoreCase,DB db,StringBuffer whereClause)
>>> javadoc wrote
>>> criteria = "50\%" -> columnName = '50%'
>>>
>>> Why???

Felipe Ramos