db-torque-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bill Leng <wl...@metatomix.com>
Subject Re: How to update multiple rows
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:04:43 GMT
Without a primary key, I guess, you can not use the example to update. 
If the primary key contains multiple columns, you need to specify all of 
them. Hope this helps.

Ramesh Sabeti wrote:

>I understand that.  I can't explain how the example works.  Looking at
>it, I'd say that both c.add(...) calls add the criteria to the WHERE
>clause.  How do you interpret it?
> 
>Criteria c = new Criteria();
>c.add(BookPeer.BOOK_PRICE, 0);
>c.add(BookPeer.BOOK_ID, 100, Criteria.LESS_THAN);
>BasePeer.doUpdate(c);
>
>  
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Tulsi Das [mailto:quixote_arg@yahoo.com]
>>Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 12:53 PM
>>To: Apache Torque Users List
>>Subject: RE: How to update multiple rows
>>
>>The criteria is just a hashtable extension to store all the mappings,
>>later on, when calling the methods, the SQL generator knows where to
>>insert them ( if you are lucky ;) )
>>
>>tulsi
>>
>> --- Ramesh Sabeti <rs@reazon.com> escribió:
>>    
>>
>>>I meant in the example provided by Bill.  If you set the criteria as
>>>suggested, Torque would use it in the WHERE clause and not in the
>>>      
>>>
>SET
>  
>
>>>clause, right?
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>From: Tulsi Das [mailto:quixote_arg@yahoo.com]
>>>>Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 12:45 PM
>>>>To: Apache Torque Users List
>>>>Subject: RE: How to update multiple rows
>>>>
>>>>It doesn´t know untill you call
>>>>
>>>>doSelect()
>>>>or
>>>>doUpdate()
>>>>or even
>>>>doDelete() methods
>>>>
>>>>that´s why it´s only called "Criteria"
>>>>
>>>>regards
>>>>
>>>>Tulsi
>>>>
>>>> --- Ramesh Sabeti <rs@reazon.com> escribió:
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>>>How does torque know that c.add(BookPeer.BOOK_PRICE, 0) is to
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>SET
>  
>
>>>a
>>>      
>>>
>>>>>value and not for comparison purposes?
>>>>>
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>From: Bill Leng [mailto:wleng@metatomix.com]
>>>>>>Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 6:18 AM
>>>>>>To: Apache Torque Users List
>>>>>>Subject: Re: How to update multiple rows
>>>>>>
>>>>>>You can do something like this
>>>>>>Criteria c = new Criteria();
>>>>>>c.add(BookPeer.BOOK_PRICE, 0);
>>>>>>c.add(BookPeer.BOOK_ID, 100, Criteria.LESS_THAN);
>>>>>>BasePeer.doUpdate(c);
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Ramesh Sabeti wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>            
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>I have a very simple question: How do you do something like
>>>>>>>              
>>>>>>>
>>>this
>>>      
>>>
>>>>>with
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>>>>>>>Torque?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>	Update book set book_price = 0 where book_id < 100
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Wish there were more online resources.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Thanks,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Ramesh.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>              
>>>>>>>
>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>      
>>>
>>>>>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
>>>>>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>>>>>>              
>>>>>>>
>>>torque-user-help@db.apache.org
>>>      
>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>              
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>--
>>>>>>Bill Leng
>>>>>>Sr. Software Engineer
>>>>>>Metatomix, Inc.
>>>>>>Tel: (901)261-8911
>>>>>>Fax: (901)261-8901
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>            
>>>>>>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  
>
>>>>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
>>>>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>>>>>            
>>>>>>
>torque-user-help@db.apache.org
>  
>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  
>
>>>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
>>>>>For additional commands, e-mail: torque-user-help@db.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>>>>------------
>>>>¡Ayudá a los chicos navegando!
>>>>En noviembre, Yahoo! dona un plato de comida por cada nuevo
>>>>        
>>>>
>usuario
>  
>
>>>que
>>>      
>>>
>>>>nevegue gratis con Yahoo! Conexión.
>>>>Conectate ya en http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  
>
>>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
>>>>For additional commands, e-mail: torque-user-help@db.apache.org
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  
>
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
>>>For additional commands, e-mail: torque-user-help@db.apache.org
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>------------
>>¡Ayudá a los chicos navegando!
>>En noviembre, Yahoo! dona un plato de comida por cada nuevo usuario
>>    
>>
>que
>  
>
>>nevegue gratis con Yahoo! Conexión.
>>Conectate ya en http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: torque-user-help@db.apache.org
>>    
>>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-user-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: torque-user-help@db.apache.org
>
>  
>

-- 
Bill Leng
Sr. Software Engineer
Metatomix, Inc.
Tel: (901)261-8911
Fax: (901)261-8901


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message