db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Caoilte O'Connor <caoi...@gmx.net>
Subject can torque generate protected methods for getters?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 00:15:46 GMT
Hi,
Members of my development team have got lazy and started
using the foreign key getters from torque objects widely in
jsp pages. That could end up being a lot of database hits
so I would like to prevent (not just disencourage) them
from doing this.

Is there anyway to make only simple getter/setter methods
public and to make all other foreign key getter / complex
joins etc protected so that I can encapsulate them in
proper business logic that hits the db only once.

I've had another look at the properties file and can't see
anything relevent.

can anyone offer any advice?