db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Loïc Minier <lool+tor...@via.ecp.fr>
Subject Re: Maven Plugin 3.2 for torque ignores default properties
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:14:32 GMT
Tim Müller-Seydlitz <tms@nagler-company.com> - Fri, Nov 21, 2003:

> torque.basePrefix=||Base|
> | torque.complexObjectModel||=true

 I've seen the same problem. I am not sure the bug is specific to the
 maven torque plugin.

 I think the bug is worse than it seems, because I tried setting two
 different values like "project = " and "databasename = " in the
 project.properties, then called torque:init with two <echo > lines at
 the beginning of the goal, and - guess what - the values did not match.

 I've filed this in Jira with appropriate files, I did not see any
 progress since I filed the bug. It has been classified as "1.1".

    <http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-1003>

> Although, they should be the default according to the site:
> http://db.apache.org/torque/properties-reference.html
> and they are also set in the plugin.properties in $MAVEN_HOME/plugins/...

 You should only trust the later which sets almost everything.

> I also get those annoying messages that were reported earlier:
> torque:om-generate:
>    [torque-data-model] Using classpath
> log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key
> log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.engine
> log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "org.apache.torque.engine".
>    [torque-data-model] Generating to file

 I get that too, other people have asked about it. I don't know where it
 comes from. My understanding is that the torque-generator.jar - which
 is somehow called to generate the sources - is not initialized properly
 or tries to initialize itself but doesn't find it's ant property file.

    Regards,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>