db-torque-user mailing list archives

From <brad.peter...@sungard.com>
Subject Logging
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:28:18 GMT
Hey all,

  It seems that logging is lacking documentation (not a surprise) for
the 3.1 release. Torque is using the commons logging, which in the
tarballs is specified to use the simple logger, yet Torque.properties is
set to use log4j.  I am trying to turn on logging (log4j) and have had
to wade through more code than I wanted to.  It seems that I need a
commons-logger.properties file, but how/where do I set the log4j
properties.  It appears that the commons logger just looks for the
logger for the Torque classname and doesn't seem to evaluate the
properties (e.g. appenders, levels, etc).  Any pointers here would be
much appreciated.

Brad Peterson

SunGard Online