db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject Re: Performance problems
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:36:37 GMT
On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 03:21, Josh Holtzman wrote:
> Thanks Andras.  I thought about doing joins, but I run into this
> problem:  Not all accounts have an assignment.  I still want to show the
> accounts with no assignments, and the join keeps any account without an
> assignment out of the results.

Try flipping your join around or using a different join--you can tweak
it so that the joined table's columns are NULL if it's not in the join.

Uh... Tryptophan, playing with my neurons.

In any case, you can have joins that eliminate data, or joins that NULL
data that would otherwise be eliminated.

Dave