db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject RE: Can't generate Java Source
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:55:37 GMT
On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 12:30, Vikas Phonsa wrote:
> All the tutorials and articles that I found abt torque say that there
> Should be some java class code generated after the above step in the
> Src\java directory under the the torque installation dir.
>
> So I can't figure out what to do. I'm enclosing my database schema also if
> that can help in finding out the problem.
>
> I can generated the sql stuff and also use that to generate my database and
> tables but no java source code is generated.
>
> Here is the schema and I'm using mysql database

I'm using torque-gen-3.1 and your exact schema and have no issues
generating the java source code.

What does your build.properties file look like? Have you run ant -debug
and seen if that shows you any more useful information?

Here's the exact steps I took:

1) Downloaded torque-gen-3.1.tar.gz jar file
2) Untarred to torque-gen-3.1 directory ($TORQUEDIR)
3) Set my classpath to include mysql-connector (3.0.6)
4) Created $TORQUEDIR/schema/pitchers-schema.xml (your schema)
5) Edited build.properties to reflect my setup
6) Run ant -f build-torque.xml

Took about 4 minutes from start to finish.

Now in $TORQUEDIR/src I have java and sql trees with the appropriate
source files in each.

Dave