db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Steve Hansen <steve.han...@sinex.com>
Subject Re: Pb with dbcp
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:57:39 GMT
Hello Amine,

I've been working on a similar error.  I've used Torque 3.0 now I have a
new project so I'm setting up 3.1.  In the Torque.properties I decided
to set up the suggested commons-dpcp. I used the Default section, filled
in my driver, jdbc and login info and came up with the error you
describe.

Then I went to the Java-Doc for SharedPoolDataSource and there is no
property logInterval!  I removed that part of the default and one of the
errors were removed. I had a error referring to defaultMaxConnections
and changed it to maxActive (this is in the Java-doc).  I set my Log4j
level to debug and I can see that the SharedPoolDataSource is happy with
these changes..

hth

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 08:42, Amine Bousta wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to make Torque working with Tomcat.
> It seems I have a pb with the pool manager because I can't do a "save()".
> When I try to do that, Tomcat logs a lot of debugs.
> It says :
> GRAVE: property: logInterval value: 0 is not supported byDataSource:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedUserPoolDataSource
>
> I have this error for all of my Torque properties!
>
> Then I have a ClassNotFoundException because BasePeer.MapBuilder failed
> trying to instantiate my torque.map.AgentMapBuilder (Agent is one of my
> torque objects).
>
> It's been hours and hours I try to find a workaround. I didn't find anything
> on the net about it.
>
> The strangest thing is that I have another project on the same tomcat and
> this one works!
> I put the commons-dbcp jar on common/lib... Does it have a relation between
> this and my pb?
> Do you think I may have a buggy dbcp jar??
>
> If anybody could help I'd be very happy !!

Steve Hansen
Solutions Engineer
Sinex Aviation Technologies
steve.hansen@sinex.com