db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Derick Fernando" <deri...@tarausa.com>
Subject Re: Torque problems with Tomcat and Struts
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:48:44 GMT
Hello,

Not sure if this is this issue, but try:
torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourc
eFactory

Derick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Branden Root" <branden@portentinteractive.com>
To: <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 11:31 AM
Subject: Torque problems with Tomcat and Struts

Hello,

I've been trying to get Torque standalone to work with a Tomcat/Struts
webapp. When I follow the tutorial to create a standalone test, all works
well, from OM generation to the actual database work. However, when I copy
my
classes over to my webapp and try and do the same thing, I get errors. I
created a small servlet to run Torque.init("/path/to/Torque.properties") and
I watch the tomcat log to see the error. If anyone could let me know what
I'm
doing wrong I'd greatly appreciate it.

Torque.properties:

log4j.rootCategory = DEBUG, default
log4j.appender.default = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.default.file = ./torque.log
log4j.appender.default.layout = org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout

torque.database.default= gamehosting
torque.database.gamehosting.driver =
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
torque.database.gamehosting.url = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://
dbserver:1433;DatabaseName=gamehosting;SelectMethod=cursor

torque.database.gamehosting.username = username
torque.database.gamehosting.password = password
torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.factory =
org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory

torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.driver =
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.url = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://
dbserver:1433;DatabaseName=gamehosting;SelectMethod=cursor
torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.user = username
torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.password = password
torque.database.gamehosting.adapter = mssql
torque.gamehosting.connection.driver   =
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Here's the error message in catalina.out when i run the servlet that
contains
Torque.init(). Note, the servlet actually runs fine, even though the log
says
ERROR. Its only when I try and actually do a database operation, like
myclass.save() that i get an actual exception.

[DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -initialize()
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance -
-setConfiguration(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@1257687
)
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance -
-initAdapters(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@1257687)
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -Adding mssql -> gamehosting as Adapter
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance -
-initDataSourceFactories(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@
1257687)
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -handle: gamehosting DataSourceFactory:
org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
[DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Starting initCPDS
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -getConfiguration() =
org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@1257687
[DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -applyConfiguration(null,
org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS@88d319)
[DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory -
-applyConfiguration(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@db38a
4,
org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS@88d319)
[DEBUG] ConvertUtils - -Convert string 'mssql' to class 'java.lang.String'
[ERROR] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Property: driver value:
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver is not supported by DataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS
[DEBUG] ConvertUtils - -Convert string
'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://192.168.1.15:1433;DatabaseName=gamehosting;Selec
tMethod=cursor'
to class 'java.lang.String'
[DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory -
-setSimpleProperty(org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS@88d
319,
url,
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://192.168.1.15:1433;DatabaseName=gamehosting;Select
Method=cursor)

And when i actually try and do a database operation i get:

        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:532)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS.getPooledConnection(Dr
iverAdapterCPDS.java:205)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS.getPooledConnection(Dr
iverAdapterCPDS.java:175)
        at
org.apache.torque.pool.ConnectionPool.getNewConnection(ConnectionPool.java:2
54)

No matter what I put for the torque.dsfactory.gamehosting.connection.driver,
seem to get the same error in the logs.

Any ideas?

--
Branden Root
Senior Developer

If you wish to learn more about the security features of
this email, and how it can help your business, please email
branden@portentinteractive.com