db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Sabeti" ...@reazon.com>
Subject RE: How to migrate to a new db structure.
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:40:11 GMT
> so: 1. Why can't I just copy the database and the web-app to my
server?
> Why
> can i read and change, but not add new entries with the Torque om
models?

What is the database MySql?  Can you insert records in the local
database and not in the remote one?

> 2. how would i add some more features to my objects, and migrate all
the
> data to the new tables in an easy way?

The process is similar to when you first generated Java files from
torque, except that you only copy Basexxx.java over to your development
directory:

1.  Make sure the xxx-schema.xml is up-to-date and reflects changes to
the database structure,
2.  regenerate torque src files
3.  copy only the Basexxx.java files over to the torque development
directory

Hope it helps.  Let me know if you need additional info.