db-torque-user mailing list archives

From szul <s...@freemail.hu>
Subject Syntax error with SyBase Anywhere
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:46:15 GMT

Hello,

We'd like to use SyBase Anywhere with Torque.
Environment:
  - Torque 3.0.2
  - Adaptive Server AnyWhere 9.0.0.1110
  - JConnect 5.5

  We have the following problems:
  - Selects work fine, but when doing inserts and updates we receive the
following error message:
"com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -131: Syntax error near
')' on line 1".
After inspecting the code it turned out that for some strange reason the
insert SQL statements are empty (no column names, no values). We did some
debugging and we saw that the JDBC driver always returns true for the
readonly flag for the metadata of the columns in question.

  - We can connect to the database from JDBC only if the user has the DBA
right. Resource users and users with rights explicitly specified (select,
insert, update, delete) cannot connect.

  Is there anyone who experienced similar problems and have found the
solution?

Thanks,