db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Giulio Vezzelli" <giulio.vezze...@infolog.it>
Subject R: Torque.properties not being read?
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:39:32 GMT

> Giulio,
>
> I would be quite interested to see that.  I'm currently
> running from a command line test app while developing my
> model classes, but I will be moving to a Struts framework shortly.
>
> I also have a question about logging but I will post that in
> its own thread.
> -
> Scott

This is my own version, if someone has improvements and/or suggestion,
they will be welcome!

Here it is :

public final class TorqueInitListener implements ServletContextListener
{

  public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent sce) {
    System.out.println("\n[Initializing Torque]");
    String propFile =
sce.getServletContext().getRealPath("/WEB-INF/Torque.properties");
    System.out.println("[Configuration file: " + propFile + "]");
    try {
      if (!Torque.isInit()) {
        Torque.init(propFile);
      }
    }
    catch (Exception e) {
      System.out.println("[Exception during init - " + e.getMessage() +
"]");
    }
    System.out.println("[Initialization complete]\n");
  }

  public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent sce) {
    System.out.println("\n[Shutting down Torque]");
    try {
      if (Torque.isInit()) {
        Torque.shutdown();
        System.gc();
      }
    }
    catch (Exception e) {
      System.out.println("[Exception during shutdown " + e.getMessage()
+ "]");
    }
    System.out.println("[Shutdown complete]\n");
  }

}