db-torque-user mailing list archives

From James Wang <james.w...@webmethods.com>
Subject Getting Torque Release
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:35:08 GMT
Hi, All,

I am new to Torque.  I am trying to get a copy of Torque.  On the download
size, there are two files, one is torque-3.1.zip and the other is
torque-gen-3.1.zip.  Which one should I use if I am using Torque to generate
Objects and Database tables?

Also, to run Torque, do I need to include Torque jar files into my class
path?  If so, since there are about 21 jar files under lib folder, which one
should I include?  Thanks.

james

-----Original Message-----
From: Robles, Rogelio [mailto:Rogelio.Robles@experian.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 6:37 PM
To: Torque Users List (E-mail)
Subject: generator and complexObjectModel option for each table

Is there a way to turn on/off the flag complexObjectModel for each table?

I have some tables where I'd like to have access to foreign tables generated
automatically and others where I would like to do it manually instead since
there are some name collisions between  column names and foreign table
names, and I can't change those names without breaking old apps that access
this legacy database.

One thing that I can do is generate the OM classes with the flag turned on
and then turned it off for the rest of the tables where I don't want that,
but something similar to "skipSql" will be much better.

Any comments?

Rogelio