db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Maurice Wijtten <...@lucka.nl>
Subject Thread dies in multi-transactional enviroment
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:23:21 GMT
I'm currently using Torque in my webapplication, and using it from
several points acros my business logic. I'm facing the problem in a
situation that i'm starting a transaction in an (struts) action. Inside the
transaction i have a call to a business object which in my case handles
billing. Inside the billing object, i have created (another?) transaction,
since this object knows nothing about the struts action that is calling it.
At the moment i save a torque object in the second transaction block,
the torque thread completely dies, and my DBA get's furious because
the oracle server is somehow having alot of trouble with it.
My question: Is there something wrong with my architecture (having
some sort of 'nested' transaction,  and, is there another solution.

Kinds regards,

Maurice Wijtten